3 Şubat 2012 Cuma

A Holiday and A Book Again


I will write a blog about the book "Holes"(this is my first blog)

My First Impressions
   I waited a boring and long book but my first impressions are positive. The book creates interest on readers from first sentence.

   "There is no lake at Camp Green Lake."(p.7, Ch. 1)
It's kind of irony, I think.

  Its language is easy to understand. The author uses flashbacks. Flashbacks makes usually harder to understand the book, but in this book they makes the story interesting and fascinating.

  I liked this part a lot:
  "Take a good look around you," Mr. Sir said. "What do you see?"
  Stanley looked out across the vast wasteland. The air seemed thick with heat and dirt. "Not much," he said, then hastily added, "Mr. Sir."
  Mr. Sir laughed. "You see any guard towers?"
  "No."
  "You want to run away?" Mr. Sir asked him.
  Stanley looked back at him, unsure what he meant.
  "If you want you run away, go ahead, start running. I'm not going to stop you."
  Stanley didn't know what kind of game Mr. Sir was playing.
  "I see you're looking at my gun. Don't worry. I'm not going to shoot you." He tapped his holster. "This is for yellow-spotted lizards. I wouldn't waste a bullet on you."
  "I'm not going to run away," Stanley said.
  "Good thinking," said Mr. Sir. "Nobody runs away from here. We don't need a fence. Know why? Because we've the only water for a hundred miles. You want to run away? You'll buzzard food in three days."

  If I were Stanley, I would understand this is not a Girl Scout camp. :) He must be careful about yellow-spotted lizards and other dangers. Because he has bad luck from his no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-great-grandfather.
  I liked the ending of chapters. Chapters ends but action don't end and reader like to go on reading and it makes the story fascinating.


W:314

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder